Prospecting WORKS!!

Prospecting WORKS!! | B2B Telemarketing

Does lead generation and prospecting really work? If it doesn't, then services like B2B telemarketing and appointment setting are for not. The good news is - B2B telemarketing and other forms of lead generation DO work. Just not for everyone. There's a little (or a lot) you need to know to make a campaign successful. Let's take a look at how to apply Pareto's Law to sales outsourcing and lead generation.

b2b telemarketing and prospecting There’s a well known rule in sales (and in business) called Pareto’s law. It’s also known as the 80/20 rule. This is the way it works:

  • You will get 80% of your sales revenue from 20% of your customers
  • 20% of your sales team will bring in 80% of your sales revenue
  • 80% of your sales team will bring in the remaining 20% of the sales revenue

The rule is true in business as well:

  • 80% of productivity will come from 20% of the employees
  • 80% of problems will come from 20% of customers
  • And so on…

Pareto’s law applies to prospecting as well. If you are brand new to sales and need to build your pipeline, why then, should you be spending 80% of your time prospecting. Once you have a full sales funnel (and if you’ve done this consistently for 3-6 months) then the equation flips. After that you need to be spending 20% of your time prospecting through services like B2B telemarketing and appointment setting.

The problem is, of course, that most new sales people or business owners don’t spend that 80% of time up front to build their sales funnel. And then they don’t spend that 20% of time consistently ensuring their funnel stays full. That is why so many sales professionals, entrepreneurs and business owners struggle. That’s why so many experience that ‘boom & bust’ cycle. They have no business in the pipeline so they panic and frantically start prospecting. They get a few new customers, feel safe again and stop. Then those projects are done and there’s nothing in the pipeline… so guess what? They panic and start frantically prospecting again.

The key to never, ever having to experience ‘boom and bust’ is to prospect consistently, every day, no matter what.

There are many ways to build a sales funnel. While my inner circle certainly knows that I am a great advocate of cold calling, networking, referral selling, and social media which are excellent tools to build a pipeline. (I do, however, feel compelled to point out that where ever one finds a lead, whether through networking, or referrals or social media, at some point you will need to speak with that prospect on the telephone.)

The important point is that no matter what else is going on with you or in your business you take the time to look for new business every single day.

If you need more help building your pipeline, give us a call.

Gilbert Pagan

No Comments Yet.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

; badge image